Monday, August 13, 2012

An ABC Primer - Altered School Book Memories Keeper

Today I'd like to share a project I created for the August I Am Roses Color Challenge. This month's challenge is to create a "Back to School" project, incorporate yellow and use at least two I Am Roses products on your project. For complete details, be sure to check out the I Am Roses Challenge Blog.

My youngest son Logan starts Kindergarten next week and I am seriously getting anxious! I can't believe how fast he's grown up and the fact that he's beginning school just reinforces the fact that he HAS grown up! I know, I know... I have to "let go"... but as a Mom, that just never happens. :-)

I created this altered book box to store small memories from Logan's first year of school. I used one of the storage book boxes that you can purchase at Michael's. I painted it and layered on Graphic 45's An ABC Primer papers and embellishments. I chose yellow rose buds and S10's to decorate the front of my box. Here are some pictures...






So head on over to the I Am Roses Challenge Blog to learn how you can win yourself a package of I Am Roses products!

hugs! ❤


 I Am Roses Products:

Other Products:
Graphic 45 An ABC Primer paper collection, Chipboard Tags
G45 Staples Vintage Key Holes
Maya Road ruler & scissors die-cut
Mary Arts ribbon
Ranger Distress Ink - Black Soot
Recollections Alphabet stickers
Memory Box ornate die
Cheery Lynn Designs English Doily Die
Paper Trey Ink - True Black cardstock

5 comments:

MyTeddyboo said...

Beautiful memory keeper Arlene, and that black doily is gorgeous! I think I need a few thousand of those for my craft room. LOL. ;)

Unknown said...

Found you via Youtube and I'm staying! Your work is amazing! LOVE this 'book'! x

Nancy said...

What a wonderful book to keep memories in. For all the art work and papers that come home, you could scan most and save a few if storage space is limited.

Ani said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

Ateliê Luciane Cintra said...

Hi
I am from Brasil and i think very beautiful your works . I watch a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yzfyUAkgN0&feature=player_embedded

I loved a box that has several other boxes inside, you can tell me where to buy it?
Thanks
Luciane

my e-mail:
lucianecintra@terra.com.br

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS